- Albireo • • Regular Boarder • lv9#16 år sedanHello, I just completed Fate/Stay Night's Yukata Version figure set (Saber, Rin, Sakura and Illya) and I'm having a problem with Sakura and Rin, so I'm going to ask you for some advice.
I'd like to have the set displayed like this photo:
But when I try to place them, Sakura's hand is about one centimetre higher than Rin's shoulder:
As you can see both of them are placed at the same level:
To have Sakura's hand at the correct level I have to raise Rin about one centimetre:
When I do this, the hand is correctly placed; however now another problem arise, Sakura's hand can't fit between Rin's back hair and her right pony tail:
To have Sakura's hand fit I have to tilt her to an awkward angle:
This is clearly not an allowable setting for long-term display:
Has anyone encountered this problem?
Do you have any idea on how can I achieve my goal, or should I fall back on displaying Sakura with her fan?
I should specify that both figures should (to my knowledge) be authentic: they've been both bought on Plamoya, and besides this problem I can't find other issues.
- Keripo • 「ケリポ」 • Very Important Boarder • lv29#26 år sedanThe original post in the promo pic looks very unstable (i.e. if you removed Rin, Sakura would definitely have a tipping problem) as you can see in your replication attempt. If you really want the pose permanently though, your best bet would be to warp the figure since the thick base obviously doesn't provide that leeway. To do this, get a hair dryer, heat up Sakura's ankle until the PVC is can be bend some by hand, bend the figure so it is in a leaning forward pose (but the base stays flat), and then run the figure under cold water so the shape holds. I've done this with one of my old Hiiragi Kagami prize figures and it works (for a while) but there's two dangers: 1) heat things up too much and you might distort the paint layer, and 2) if you want to separate the two figures later, you'll have to re-warp the legs and finding that original balance will be harder. I would experiment with Sakura's hand first since that's a smaller, safer bet.
- Albireo • • Regular Boarder • lv9#36 år sedanThanks for your quick reply.
Keripo • 6 år sedan • #1876178The original post in the promo pic looks very unstable (i.e. if you removed Rin, Sakura would definitely have a tipping problem) as you can see in your replication attempt.
What I can't explain of the promo picture is how Sakura's feet are nearly flat, when in my attempts they're angled at nearly ten degrees. Moreover, I have to tilt Sakura sideways too, because her hand can't fit straight (it's not very visible in the pictures I took).
Keripo • 6 år sedan • #1876178To do this, get a hair dryer, heat up Sakura's ankle until the PVC is can be bend some by hand, [...]
Oh yeah I see I'll definitely try to... NOPE. I'm already fearing of numerous ways to screw this up, I'm not good at this kind of things, I would surely destroy her. :(
I'm waiting for some feedback by other owners to understand if this is how they're meant to be (to rule out defects of my copies), but I think FREEing screwed up royally with this.
- Keripo • 「ケリポ」 • Very Important Boarder • lv29#46 år sedanAlbireo • 6 år sedan • #1876234I'm waiting for some feedback by other owners to understand if this is how they're meant to be (to rule out defects of my copies), but I think FREEing screwed up royally with this.
Most figures are never exactly like their promo pics. This is an unsurprising example, especially since, as I mentioned before, they can't sell Sakura in the promo pic pose because she will fall forward without additional frontal support. The hand thing is probably just them not bother trying to make it fit.
- Strife212 • Original Blue • Puella Magi • lv23#56 år sedanSakura has no base in the promo pic which makes her lower.
- 5 svar